Friday, April 10, 2015

Handy box for recycling

I started with these bracket planks, used for hanging coats, scarves, whatever. Picked them up for a dollar; which is cheaper than buying the hooks alone.



Dissembled


To make painting small pieces easier, I put them on a piece of tape. They kept falling over without it. 

Originally I painted the hooks and then wrapped the plank/board in contact paper. I really liked this when it was part of my studio but now that it's home I wanted to tame down all the color and pattern. 

For this project, I just needed to board. I sanded it down and attached it to a cardboard box that I had already painted white.

Using the anchors that came with it to secure the screw in the cardboard.

Once the board was attached it needed a handle. 

Just some regular nylon rope, knotted and braided.


I attached the rope to the board, now painted, and just like that I have a box for our recylcing that pretty much didn't cost a thing:) 
Green, clean, and classy.
Shalimar

No comments:

Post a Comment