Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Desk Repurposed

I picked this desk up at a thrift awhile back and have been slowly working on it here and there, aka during Zs nap time. Im so excited to show y'all the before and after because I'm done!!!
The pictures won't post in the order I'm selecting for some reason but you can tell what is before and what is after.
So, the breakdown of what i did to get this master piece. I took out the middle drawer and cut the middle supports. Then, pryed and cut the top off the desk. I removed the legs from the side i would be stacking on top. Next up, i roped my Mr in to cut me a top for the tower. I had to get the duct tape off which was a JOB! Added the top mister made, and connected the rop to the bottom with wood glue and a nail gun.  I filled in the holes created from the middle supports. While in the wood filler i touched up all the rough areas and filled the lines that were on the side. Sand, fill, sand, fill then prime and the primer showed off areas that needed more filler and sanding. Then, two coats of paint. I spray painted the handles and sanded them to aged perfection. Put handles back on and photographed for y'all!!!
Till next time,
Shalimar and Z

No comments:

Post a Comment