Sunday, February 26, 2017

Half Dozen chicken coop




So, this is the start of our newest chicken coop. We had a devastating loss of all of our chickens and ducks. Long story short, even with a fenced in yard a pack of wild dogs broke in and killed them. For a long time we didn't get more; we had our daughter and a million homestead projects plus we were sad. 

I got us more chickens so we were ready to get the coops built. My brother works in construction and remodel so he often has access to scrap wood. He was working on a tongue and groove ceiling and the clients were going to just throw this wood out!!! Obviously, he took it for me. Thanks Theo. 
Not only did he snag the wood for me but he built this coop too! He started with the side walls. 


The pictures kind of explain the process. This coop will house six chickens and the nesting boxes we have are for our backyard so my brother built in three boxes. Mr and I originally thought that each chicken needed it's own nesting box but they don't so this coop got three perfectly sized boxes and that'll be good enough. 
Till next time, y'all know the drill keep it green, clean, and classy
Shalimar and Z

No comments:

Post a Comment