Wednesday, November 5, 2014

An easy diy chicken saddle from scraps

Making a chicken saddle with an old sock. We have one rooster that is really rough when it comes to fertilizing the hens. Mr and I have given him a two month timeline to straighten out his attitude, before he becomes part of our Christmas dinner.  
To help out our lady till then I made a saddle for her. The pictures show the easy steps to diy. 
Not only is the heel dirty and worn but you want to cut that side so you don't have a bump. ... Did you notice the toe has a hole worn in it, haha
This is what it should look like without the heel.
Cut down the side to open it.

I tried it on a duck model:) 
It will need straps for their wings.

I added a strip of salvaged leather to the middle section where the hen seems to receive the most damage. 
If using a sewing machine (like my lazy butt) make sure you have a needle for leather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment