Friday, January 23, 2015

How NOT to Scallop shorts

Bringing y'all a how NOT to DIY, haha. I thought I had deleted all these failed project photos but I hadn't so I thought I might as well share so y'all can learn from my mistakes. 


I started with pants that I tried on first then gave them a little mark where I wanted to cut them with chalk. 

After cutting them, turn them inside outside and mark  where you want the scallop, do a full line. 


I used a candle holder that had the size of circle I wanted. I drew the scallop shape 

Now, to get the hem I went lazy/didn't think my swing skills were up to it and used No-Sew glue. I used a little glue, flipped the hem over, and pinned in place. The glue was horrible because it hardened and the pinning wasn't exactly curved but a few small straight lines that left points. So uncomfortable. Once it warms up, I'm sure I will attempt a DIY scallop again but obviously I will need to touch up the ol' sewing skills :) 


Keep it green, clean, and classy.
Shalimar

No comments:

Post a Comment