Saturday, June 7, 2014

DIY Multiple Purpose Plant Pocket

I really love having my plants hanging up. There are many benefits to having them lifted. First off, the goat and chickens can't eat them :) but you have the added bonus of seeing your plants more. With them closer to eye level you notice the plant. Using a spare pair of pants that were in my fabric scrap pile I came up with a cute way to hang smaller plants. 


Supplies to DIY
Pair of pants
Scissors
Ribbon
Needle and thread or awesome sewing machine that my Mr. Surprised me with.
Craft glue or no fray 


 Don't forget that second pocket, it could be useful too!

How to DIY

1-cut out the pocket(s) of a pair of pants...there are two of them, so I used both:)
2-sew a strip of ribbon on the back
3-cover any looseness or fraying with some tacky glue
4-once your glue has dried, fill it up




I didn't even bother trying to make a cute stitch, just use a blue thread.



With just what I had on hand... It's so gratifying to create something that I want on my homestead using materials that were just laying around waiting to be recycled. 


I'm totally patting myself on the back for this one, another plant has been made goat proof yippee.



Really use your creativity, this is essentially a hanging pocket so fill it up with whatever. Try it in your craft room or office to hold pencils. 



I'm also happy to announce that our farmily has grown yet again, by nine lives and four paws:) but this is a probationary adoption...dependent on Smokey's ability to conquer her fear of the homestead life. 




Wishing you good times for your weekend. Thanks for reading and stay classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment