Friday, June 13, 2014

Potato Salad Recipe using Leftovers and slashing calories

Happy Friday the 13th. With Father's Day this weekend I'm sure your house is as busy as mine so I have an easy leftover recipe. We don't eat meat that often in our home so when we do, we grill it:) of course when grilling it's like some kind of rule that you must cook enough for a small army, which leads me to leftover grilled chicken dinner. 

My trick to leftovers is to make sure we aren't having a full on repeat dinner. So let's say you had grilled chicken with roasted corn on the cob and a salad, the following night serve up the chicken with potato salad and another fresh green salad...we have a salad pretty much every night with every meal, expect nights when we do breakfast for dinner because that would be weird, haha... Or would it??? Hmm, sure do love salad. 


Salsa Potato Salad
Red onions
Secret salsa 
Guacamole with a twist




Being Queen of throwing things together I took potato salad to a new level of easy. I chose to use red potatoes because the skin is thin enough that I don't bother peeling it. They are also smaller potatoes so I just quartered them, then off for a boiling bath. I seasoned the water because I like it spicy... Think crawfish boil style were your potatoes take on that beautiful seasoned red hue and before you even bite into it your mouth is drooling, yum to a boil. 



Drain off the potatoes and grab the salsa and guacamole from yesterday's post. Using a 70/30 ratio in favor of the guacamole, stir and refrigerate. Traditional recipes call for many ingredients that are not healthy for you, such as mayo. So, not only are you saving time but you are saving your body too. Let it chill out for about an hour and you're done.  

Thanks for reading and stay classy 

No comments:

Post a Comment