Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Restoring a Stained Leather Purse

I scored this purse while out thrifting and noticed that it had what appeared to be permanent marker stain on the white leather. Yikes! I love the teal/white combo plus the size is great for bringing along some crafting:) so I pulled out my cash and made it mine... Don't be intimidated by a little wear on a good leather purse. Remember that by thrifting you're saving green while being green. 




Grabbing a few supplies around the house I got to work. Here's what y'all need to DIY 
Rubbing alcohol - you want to sanitize not just clean
Cotton balls
Q-tips


Um yeah the fingernail polish remover didn't work at removing the stains but I just did my nails and wanted to show them off because The Lord knows they won't look this good tomorrow, haha.


Make sure to clean every crevice. This was previously under the care of another person and who knows how clean they were. 



My secret weapon against the stain war is the remarkable paint pen. This is such an awesome invention with literally an endless amount of projects. Apply the paint in a blotting fashion, not as a pen with strokes. My biggest tip for this is patience. Take your time and blot on coat after coat after coat. If you try a one stop shop approach the paint will be noticeable and thick. 


See how the top stain disappears...




Did you notice the bottom stain?

Ok, one more stain taken down and I'm done. 

Hope you enjoyed. As always thanks for reading, feel free to share, and keep it classy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment