Monday, June 9, 2014

Monday Magic - reading adventure



I'm a huge fan of the art known as writing. A story so fantastically wild as to pull you from your reality yet so exquisitely detailed that it seems believable, well, that's not just art but magic. 


My current reads include (but are not limited to) - 

The Re-Enchantment of Everyday Life by Thomas Moore
-this is a slower read, something I pick up from time to time.

The Jane Austen marriage manual by Kim Izzo
-the last trip out to the lake I found this next to our vehicle, so I took it home. I never turn down a free book :) 

The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve
-it was previously in Oprah's book club

What the Night Knows by Dean Koontz 
-this was also a free book, try hosting a book swap with your friends and neighbors. Not only will this save you money but it saves resources as well so it's beneficial to your environment. Think green, think clean.

Child of Awe by Kathryn Lynn Davis
- I will admit at first this was some what frustrating to read. The story is set in the past and the author chose to use language such as "ye" instead of "you". While, it did have me stumbling in the beginning now I appreciate the authentic feel it gives the story. 

Xenogenesis (a trilogy collection including: Dawn, Adulthood Rites, and Imago) by Octavia E. Butler 
- a story from the late 80's that has my imagination soaring. Currently in book two, Adulthood Rites, and looking forward to the last one. 




No comments:

Post a Comment