Thursday, July 17, 2014

Putting up a Canopy Tent

Sharing our splendid canopy tent. I love it. The spot where I put it gets blasted with morning sun, so while I was working to put it up I was getting baked. The reprieve it gave me once I had it up made it more than worth the purchase.


Look at this instructions, comical really.


Once I laid out the pieces it went together easy enough...the instructions were simple haha


I picked this spot because of those two gorgeous trees flanking each side of the canopy. Look at the roof and you can see the shade the leaves provide. It's just a really chill zone that is nestled right in nature. 



The walls of the canopy are so cool. The "windows" give it a cozy feel, but I'm not gonna lie with all the walls closed (blocking any breeze) it gets toasty. The company that made the tent had already considered that because the walls are attached on a rod with rings so they slide open like a curtain:) genius. There is a large storm system moving across the state today so I guess I'm about to find out how it handles in rain. 




 I gifted this to myself last year as a celebration to buying our land. It really is the gift that keeps giving. It is currently holding plywood and other supplies that would dominant our tool shed. Not only can we store in it but because it is a whopping 200 square feet we have plenty of room for working in the canopy instead of the hot July sun. For those of you in Texas y'all know what I mean. 


Later when our homestead isn't a construction zone I plan to use the canopy to create an outdoor living room... Complete with tv and Nintendo because we are cool like that. 


We finally put some new tires on the ole work truck which makes hauling out supplies easier, I foresee our canopy becoming a mini lumber yard. I'll keep y'all posted:) till next time keep it classy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment