Thursday, August 21, 2014

Taking in a Waistband with Darts

So, we head out to our homestead wearing almost like "homestead uniform" ...aka the same clothes because I use natural detergent and it's great for the environment but it isn't kicking any stain butt... (my Mr. Constantly wearing his too big shorts)... 


As far as butts go my Mr.'s was hanging out. I got tired of seeing his plumber crack so here's a tutorial of the process of covering that crack:).
 









So I'm sure you have hear "baby got back" that is not my Mr. he is more like "baby is flat" so I put a dart above each cheek. 
Grab some pins.
Pinning the left side first. 
Then folding the shorts and lining the right dart with the left. 
Pull the elastic taught and pin in place.
Head to the sewing machine and stitch over the pin. 
If you pin the garment with the point forward then you can zig zag stitch right up to the pin head so the elastic stays tight. 


Till next time, you know the drill...keep it green, clean, and classy.
-Shalimar

No comments:

Post a Comment