Monday, December 8, 2014

Diy deck roof project

So the project of getting the new deck covered with a roof is in effect. 

Necessary tools-
Square 
Pencil
Chilsel 
Hammer
Hand saw
Drill
Screws 
Lumber
Etc. really basic stuff that anyone can afford


The railing edge has a small hangover that needed to be chiseled out. So, that's what I got to work on first. 


The more slits you saw the easier the chisel will be. 

This was my first corner.

Failed attempt... Um Mr I've got something else for you. 

Of course Bella joined to see what all the commotion was. 



Meanwhile Mr was working on removing the falshing from the studio/ cabin. I'm leaning towards calling it a cabin because the deck makes it seem more homely.

Next notching. 

Finally success :)

Next up was another corner. The ducks came by for a visit and inspected our work. 


No longer will the corners hold me back. I'm queen of notching:) 



Mr promptly got to work on putting up the supporting posts. 

Bella wanted in on the action.


I'm not posting the next 30 photos of Bella and daddy because the cuteness would overload you. 

Here's the notches with the post. Obviously the first corner needs a repair board:/ oops but the rest look good. 




I went a little photo crazy so I will continue the post tomorrow :) till then y'all know the drill -green,clean, classy
Shalimar 

No comments:

Post a Comment