Saturday, February 21, 2015

DIY Plant Pots from Recycling

Bringing y'all another DIY planter from recycling.



I started with a textured paint. Side note about paint... I have used textured paint before and it wasn't as difficult as this one. I will say that I've had the paint in my storage for several months, all of which have been freezing, so maybe that had something to do with it, but whatever it worked. If you have a difficult paint, by difficult I mean that it didn't want to spray, just keep shaking the can. I found that that helped and would get things flowing again. 
My Mr got me a few new plants for valentines and not having any extra plant pots laying but I did have recycling so I came up with these. 
See how the lid is bigger than the bottom. I thought I would use the lid as the water tray so I painted those up too. 
I don't like to heavily spray on paint, especially with a slick surface like plastic or glass so don't go for the one and done attitude when painting. You don't want to get runs in the paint, plus this stuff dries so fast that the wait time is nil.  

Another coat later and they are ready for drain holes. 

I used our drill because it already had the bit on it that I wanted to use but you could just stab it with a screwdriver or use an exacto knife, whatever you have that cuts plastic. 
I added several holes on the bottom but I also added a few around the lower edge to ensure that I had a well draining planter.

Easy peasy, it took less than an hour and I was also working on putting up the hardiplank from my previous post so it's a doable DIY :) alright y'all know the drill...green, clean, classy
Shalimar

No comments:

Post a Comment