Thursday, February 5, 2015

Iolaus Post disbudding Care


So, this is my little warrior extactly three weeks post disbudding. For the most part the care is to just keep an eye out. If you have your kid out in the weather there is an aluminum spray that seals the burn site to prevent infection from moisture or flys. The area will become "tight" so that any bump will open it up. 

Of course, Iolaus is an inside goat ... for the time being ... so his was left to dry out and heal on its own. 
Iolaus was looked over by several vets and they all  said that the process can take 6-8 weeks to completely heal over. If I look closely around the edges I believe I see new hair coming in:) so he is on his way.

This is how is begs for a bottle.

That's Mr. Red and the white rooster behind him is Stefan. 

Iolaus is such a warrior he jumps right in. 

Haha the roosters are bigger then him, but only for now.

I'm so relieved to know that my worry is unwarranted. He will be fine and is on the fast road to recovery. Till next time y'all keep it green, clean, classy. 
Shalimar 

No comments:

Post a Comment