Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Project Studio



Step 1-
Floor frame on posts


So, before I just dive right into the process, I need to first introduce the working hands of my Mr. Bobby. Here he is smiling because he has no idea of the hurdles we are about to have to jump. 

I had a vision of what I wanted and thanks to an ipad app I was able to design the studio that fit my dreams and our budget. Once my Mr. saw the studio in its app glory he was on board. (The app I used is called interior design and it allows you to "build" in both 2D and 3D) 

Ok, now on ward to the nitty gritty of it.


We first built out a frame perimeter that we could then use as a guideline for our positioning. 

It was necessary to take a break during the frame building to spray for spiders. Where we were building is directing under a tree. It appears that before I had the great idea to build there some spiders had had the same idea and had nestled right now (we are talking giant scary brown spiders with hairy legs, yikes) 


Notice this picture is taken from further away:) oh yeah also notice the branch above Mr. because later on I will be talking about that lovely branch in particular. 

Meanwhile ...

They didn't mind the spiders but they are super lazy

See the boredom


Sainic bothering his baby brothers, who don't seem to care :)




I'm getting distracted by the cuteness, haha, back to building.


Once we had the outline, we just used it to move it around and find the exact right spot. Once we had the location locked down we  dug out the corners and two spots in the middle for our supporting post.("we" is used loosely at this point because I didn't help dig, not one tiny bit)  

During the digging process "we" encountered a few roots that were too big so the power tools were required. Speaking of tools, notice that the saw pictured is just a cheap cordless, we built everything with cordless tools! It was a slower process and caused a lot of extra stress. In fact, the tools alone were such a headache that I am declaring our tools as our first hurdle. Thanks to my awesome mom I now have a "real" drill.
 (20v compact dewalt that I LOVE) it's still small enough for me to handle but the power it's packing and the long lasting lithium battery make it a much better suited tool for the job. 


Project studio continues next with posts and walls






No comments:

Post a Comment