Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Project Studio

I'm actually really sad that I don't have more photos for this post. If I had know from the start that I would be documenting the process I would have definitely had my camera in one hand while my other worked the drill. 

Let me give you a quick run of what lead up to this


So last I left you at the floor frame. That part was actually really easy. Once it was built it was time to get the post in. My Mr. dug the holes down so that two feet of the 4x4 post would be in the ground. You don't want wood meeting up with earth or you will end up with a rotten board or termites. To prevent future problems, add support, and just do it the American way you gotta have concrete. 

Holes now have post and they are solid so the floor frame goes on that. Next, we filled the floor frame with insulation and added some extra 2x4's in between for even structural support.

Seeing the floor up on post gave us a platform to stand on and hope that the project would run smoothly but that was not the case. 
The rain started early the next evening and continued into the night. Me and Mr go out and try to salvage the situation, but really the damage is done. All of our insulation and the plywood floors are soaked.

We salvaged what we could and moved on with the project, now determined to beat the weather we got to work on the walls. We framed out our walls with studs every 16 inches. Mr had the brilliant idea to build the walls then lift them up because our platform/future studio isn't big enough to work on. 
 This front wall isn't framed with typical 16 inch spacing because it's framed for windows. I'm trying not to get to ahead of myself because it's like a zillion man hours away from windows. 

Ok that's all I got for you studio-wise anyway but I do have a couple pics of the animal fun time that went done during this:)

Look at that face! 
What could get the boys this excited?...why sushi, of course, haha too funny/cute not to give it a try and they are Brickhouse puppy approved
Then he grabs his toy duck and takes off:) 







No comments:

Post a Comment