Monday, April 28, 2014

DIY Hanging Plant Holder

I made this with some scrap materials and a pair of jeans donated to me by my mom. Thanks momma :) and yes I totally made this for her. 
What you need to DIY


Side note- this set was a cheap buy from harbor freight and I wouldn't recommend it. Up grade to at least walmart, haha.
I used some laundry and 7lb twine to make the hanging portion (this is over board on the support level but hey better safe than sorry ) braiding the two ropes together was made easy by clipping them to my current library read. 
Once I had a strand done I used a rubber band to hold the end together while I continued making the rest of the strands.

With the strands all done I cut a square off the jeans......notice the hoove in the bottom corner.
That's my precious, Bella. She isn't shy when it comes time for her bottle.
How could I ignore that beautiful baby girl.
Once she was feed, I got back to work. 
Photo step by step instructions 




Ok, this is a pic of my lazyness. I tried skipping the prehole and just going for the gusto, um yeah so don't do that. 
Finally all four corners are ready for the hanging strands.
Because of the skipping process I jacked a few of the grommets up so that's what I used to tie off the bottom of the strands. 
I looped only one cloths line because the plant isn't even one pound.
Drum roll...
I'm pleased and I'm sure it will be an appreciated gift. (I love how it looks with my other plants so I'm making one for myself)

Please share/post/follow :) thanks 






1 comment:

  1. LOVE it!! Can't wait to get it (and maybe a couple more )

    ReplyDelete