Saturday, April 5, 2014

Organize with recycling

Using some containers that were destined for the recycling. I was able to organize some of my sewing assories that have gotten out of control and taken over my dining table. 

Supplies:
Any container ( mine came from a peanuts container and a taller tube container of rolled oats)
Chalk board paint, any color
Painters tape
Paint brush, a smaller detail brush
Optional:
Paint marker or permanent marker, any color 

Before

I stripped off the label and put my painters tape down to create a square. It's important to use painters tape and not masking tape if your container is made of cardboard, like mine. Masking tape with rip the cardboard. See behind the container?
It's my baby Bella taking a nap.
Isn't that face adorable, I just love her. 

Leaving behind my sleeping goat, outdoors I painted inside my tape, three coats in total.

While the last layer of the paint was still wet, I removed the tape. You remove the tape while it's wet so that the paint doesn't dry on the tape and come off jaggedly. Let that dry for several hours.

After it was dry, it was just a square so I added an outline with a paint marker in gold to off set the grayish thing I had going. I numbered the containers just because I like labels:) 



Oh yeah, also I sanded down the lids and gave them a couple coats so they would match:) I'm happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment