Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Brighten your Produce Basket



This hanging produce basket is so reminiscent of the 70's and 80's when people didn't have the super advanced refrigerators with separate temperatures for fruit and veggies...don't get me wrong, I love a super advanced energy efficient refrigerator like the next guy but all I can afford is the energy efficient; so some of my produce has moved on up to the east side in this deluxe basket in the sky:) 




This was the easiest paint transformation ever. The only supply you need is the paint. 

How to DIY 
Take the chain off the basket. They are attached with something similar to a keychain so just turn it until the chain comes out. Repeat on all sides. 

Next, take your paint outside. It's important to always have proper ventilation when working with paint. Open the paint can and dip your chain in.  It really doesn't get easier:) if you don't have gloves or don't want to get paint on your hands you could use a paper clip to attach to the chain as a temporary handle. 

The chain needs to be free of any obstacles. So, don't lay it out to dry, hang it. 

Once it is dry just reassemble, hang, and fill it up. 


Ok, now this next picture has been borrowed from craigslist (in Texas) I post this today not to hate on Texas because it's awesome here. We really do have some of the friendliest people (yes, some of them are a bit wild and out there) but isn't diversity a great thing:) 

This is either the work of a madman or a genius, I can't tell which.


If you have made it all the way to the end, thank you my friend for joining me this morning:) I can happily report that the outdoor pillow from my last post held up to the rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment