Friday, May 23, 2014

Project Studio - the floor


Last I spoke of Project Studio I had discussed putting the walls up. I recently found the pictures of the floor process so I wanted to share in greater detail how this was achieved.



The frame of the floor was built first on the ground over the support post. Once it was built we (the "we" represents my Mr. and me) raised the frame to approximately four feet off the ground. I say approximately because the ground was not level where the posts were placed so each post had a slightly different height. We were able to reach a completely level floor with the slightest of adjustments. 



High on our accomplishments we plowed ahead. .. After a trip to the local hardware store and a little goofiness. 



Next on the agenda was insulation and making the floor into a floor and not just beams. For this we used construction grade plastic that we stapled, then sealed with duck tape.  Funny how no matter what project you find yourself working on there is almost always a way to incorporate duck tape. Over the floor beams we screwed down plywood in 4x8 sheets. 


That beautiful branch was show cased in the last Project Studio post. Isn't it lovely. This is the very first photo of the branch from the "studio" (well, I was standing on the floor of the future studio so it totally counts). 


Of course, my lazy Mr. Sainic and Sir Beckendorff took to the shade that the new floor provided for a nice afternoon nap. 
Look at that gorgeous floor. Ok it isn't yet gorgeous but you can stand on it so that makes it the perfect floor:) 

 

Hope you have enjoyed another Project Studio. Sorry for the crazy order of things. 

As always please pin/post/follow and if you want to hit me up its lakesidehomestead@gmail.com

Stay classy readers, happy Friday :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment