Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Diy basic box makeover

This box/chest started as a simple brown in a sort of tacky brown fake snake skin. Using just a few supplies and done in under an hour I was able to bring this chest into the chic side of style. 





The size is perfect for our collection of one billion remotes...ok maybe it's not a billion:) I also really like the design of the latch, it has an old flair to it that I wanted to embellish. 

Supplies:
Sand paper
Spray paint
Paint
Detail paint brush

 Stage 1- 
After sanding down the entire surface, I spray painted everything even the hardware in two coats. 
Once, it had dried completely I sanded down areas that would naturally have wear and paid extra attention to edges and corners. 

I had this gold paint on hand, I would recommend using a latex paint but this did the job. 



Now for some animal fun. My husky Mr. Sainic and his lovely "girlfriend" Ms. Bella. 

I'm spotlighting this blossoming friendship, he has really warmed up to her:) 




No comments:

Post a Comment