Thursday, May 1, 2014

Project Studio ... 3

Bringing you another session of project studio (this is the third). As this photo shows the framing is almost done, done enough that we got to work on the roof. As you might recall from the last project studio, the weather wasn't our friend so getting the roof done was priority number uno. 

So, that's my Mr. finishing up the support system for the roof. The sheets come in 4x8 sheets that weigh a ton and after attempting to use a two ladder system and work as a team he decided that he and his muscles alone could handle it. I was impressed for sure because hello they are 4x8 which is crazy hard/awkward to carry but it bends and sways and is really heavy. 

Plywood done so we land down some heavy grade construction plastic. Then It's ready for the sheet metal.

That's me up there. Hello:)  sense we were rushing the roof we hadn't put in the supports to the framing and sense I weigh like half my Mr.s weight I was volunteered for the job. 

This was a struggle because the drill we had at the time was a joke. I used self tapping roofing screws but had a problem getting them to start (tap in). 

Um yeah, that's my butt. Haha my Mr. was in control of the camera.

Haha

With the post added height the roof was literally in this tree.

That's 14 feet up and toasty. The sun was really starting to heat things up.



Look at that awesome branch.

Thins were finished off with roofing metallic chalk on the seams and screws because I had never put up a roof before and I wanted to play it caution. I can happily report that it in fact does not leak and it has been through flood rains so I'm very proud of it. 

Tell next time

No comments:

Post a Comment