Saturday, May 3, 2014

DIY Shoe Makeover

The before:
I had already removed some of the straps..oops 


I removed everything down to the sole and gave them a scrubbing. 

For this makeover I used:
Ribbon
Decorative nails a.k.a Upholstery tasks (they all come in 3/8" and at Joann's they had several designs, I like simple)


Under the tacked area I also used tacky glue


Put both shoes together so that your tacks line up with the other shoe.

Here's the design.

Putting my foot flat on the shoe I tacked a strip of pre-measured ribbon on the inside(where your big toe is)...so on the left foot start tacks on the right side and for the right foot start on the left. 

Pull the tacked side over your foot and behind the heel of the shoe.

Tack down ribbon on the back...I used two tacks in the three tack spots so that I would have a 6 pack of tacks on each shoe, but you could use more if you like the stud look.

Continue the ribbon over your foot again and secure with combo glue and tacks on the outer or pinky toe side.

To finish I applied some glue on either side of the cork under the ribbon.... The shoe on the bottom has already been glued. Notice it looks "skinnier". 




Hope you enjoyed this makeover, find other makeovers under No Sew Refashion and as always feel free to Pin/Follow/Share 


Some animal fun for your weekend:) our goat eating goat cheese, goat cheese label anyway haha





The shoes have been amended and there for the title of that post is Diy shoe makeover amended :)



No comments:

Post a Comment