Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Homestead Flea Control



Today I want to talk about pest control. Now that the weather is warming up, here in Texas it's always warm, pest are coming out to attack not only you but your furry family too. I'm talking about fleas folks.

Now, I came across this ole farmers trick a while back and have been using it with great success. Using Bayer Advanced tree and shrub as directed in your yard you will eliminate mainly of the pesky buggers but then your pets would still be carrying around mainly fleas and flea eggs. To rid your pup of fleas apply a small amount of the Tree and Shrub to your pet. 

I hope I didn't lose you there, I did in fact say to put some on your pet. Here's how that works. The active ingredient is Imidacloprid at .74% which is the same active ingredient in topically applied flea poison. I was a bit hesitant too, I mean this is my family we are talking about but eventually after doing massive amounts of research I tried it and was astonished at how well and quickly it worked. 


Here's how to DIY

Playing things on the safer side I don't apply directly to my pets but rather on their harness. 

Every harness works in the general way and wraps around so that there is a portion behind their head between their shoulders, this is where you apply. 

Use a Q tip dipped in the solution and rub the Q tip over the desired area applying in total just about one drop. 

This is quality not quantity so small, small amount only. After, just a few days you will notice a decrease in fleas. 

At that point give your pet a nice bath and check them over. Reapply if necessary. 




Ok this is so unrelated that I probably shouldn't mix pest control with food but... This is the special treat we allowed ourselves for Memorial Day and they are way too cute not to share. 



No comments:

Post a Comment