Monday, September 15, 2014

Diy Resize skirt fit & length

Every few months, but more lately, I organize my closet into clothes that I actually wear and clothes I don't. I had this skirt, a gift from my dear old Dad, but never wore it because the length was a little awkward and it was slightly too big. 

Here's how I fixed it to better match me. 
Iron out the skirt.
Put it on and mark the waist hem where it should be on the side.
Turn inside out sew a straight stitch along the marked side, if it's not much leave this fabric so later you can take the skirt back out. 





Too shorten the hem...
Pretty much the same
I ironed out the skirt
Trimmed the excess
Flipped a 1/8", iron that, straight stitch that up. 


And here I am "posing" in the hardware store again.... Speaking of hardware, the Sud Shack is 95% done. I will have so many more post about it later but it still needs fixtures, paint, and some more paint:) the. Finally the fun part of decorating it! I'm so excited. And broke so I will be wearing my crafty hat for final touches. 






With all the "back to school" stuff out there I wanted to share some green tips for school. Use a lunch pail instead of throwaway brown paper bags. Also, use durable (meant to be reused) plastic containers instead of one use zip locks for sandwiches, chips, snacks, etc. This adds up so quickly. 

Till next time, y'all keep it green, clean, and classy.
Shalimar

No comments:

Post a Comment