Friday, September 5, 2014

DIY Skirt from a Refashioned men's shirt

I've had the homestead to heavily on the brain so I took a break from all the farming projects. I went thrifting and found a men's shirt made of a great fabric so naturally I used it to make a new skirt. 

Here's an easy tutorial on how to DIY your own skirt, from a repurposed men's shirt.
1. Flip shirt inside out, iron
2. Use a skirt that you know already fits well as a stencil, trace an outline
3. Cut a half inch around the line
4. Pin the hem line for your waist
5. Pin down the sides
6. Leave a couple inches on the bottom to create a small slit
7. Sew the hem lines first
8. Sew up the two pieces together on the sides and that's that










I paired it with a vintage purse, simple white tee, and a neutral wedge. Oh yeah, that's plumbing behind me because these pictures were taken in a hardware store. Talk about two birds, one stone:) 






Till next time y'all know the drill - keep it green, clean, and classy.
Shalimar 

No comments:

Post a Comment