Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Diy Sud Shack/Wash House Roof Tutorial

So, last project suds I shared with y'all our experience of framing the walls. Today I will show with you how we framed out the roof/ceiling. There isn't a pitch, it's an angled roof, so no attic or anything. I'm just going to paint it and call it done. This is just an outdoor laundry restroom combo, so I'm not putting up any sheetrock. Which means I also get to avoid the tape and float and texture process :) 


Every trip out to the homestead we bring with us a load of wood. We aren't getting anywhere close to the mini lumber yard status that I want, but that's because we keep using up the wood on projects. Checking off items on the To Do list feels great. 

Mr's shadow is rectangular because he is carrying a sheet of plywood...it looks kind of funny with seeing the plywood.

These logs serve as our cutting station. With all the projects we work on you would think that we would have a complete set up, but our money goes towards our build not our tools..... To my dad, thanks for letting us burrow so many tools and lending a helping hand when our motivation runs low. 


We started by extending the frame. 

Notice this paint. We have been multitasking to the max on this project. When I'm not helping lift or carry things, I would jump on the ladder and paint. We also have plumbing and electrical projects in the mix, it's basically a construction mess. They say it gets worse before it gets better:)




This is the view from inside the sud shack. I plan on planting even more trees :) 

This view is a future window site above where the washer will go. 



I took this picture from inside the suds looking straight up at the "roof".... Roof is quoted because it's just the roof frame not the actual roof, duh:) 

Now, there's the roof/ceiling. Just needs to be painted and I'm calling that baby done. I'm not even sanding the wood down, because honestly I'm never going to touch the ceiling so why bother... I'm wearing my lazy pants.

You can't really understand how tiring it is to work in 105 degrees from these photos. The roof was ready for metal but we just didn't have it left in us. Playing things on the safe side we covered the plywood roof with a large sheet of plastic.  To secure it we screwed a few scrap pieces up.


There's probably a million steps I'm not going over, but you get the gist of it. 

Till next time y'all keep it green, clean, and classy.
Shalimar

No comments:

Post a Comment