Friday, September 12, 2014

Foliage Friday Drive to Our Homestead

I've done Foliage Friday posts before and this is along the same lines. I'm sharing with you some of the foliage and fields we pass on our drive to the homestead. 


We are lucky enough to pass cotton fields on the way out and I just love them. I've been secretly thinking about cutting a couple branches off to have in a vase. My Mr hasn't ever touched raw cotton before. If, like him, you haven't felt it I highly recommend you search out a field and get your touch on :) it isn't like little puffs of cotton balls, but it is still soft. 


I believe that this is the irrigation system. This field in particular gets it's water from pipes that run along  the edges, but other more old school water irrigation systems run off of a giat sprinkle like system. 






There are also hay fields along the way. There is even a field of goats!!! Maybe I could bring our Nigerian drawf Bella over for a play date, how cute. 




It's such a therapeutic drive. We cruise out there with the windows down so we can smell the fields as the breeze cools the car. The down side to a country drive is that you will get stuck behind an old mr grandpa putting along, but it's not a race so sometimes you need to practice having patience. 

Till next time y'all keep it green, clean, and classy. 
Shalimar

No comments:

Post a Comment