Friday, September 5, 2014

Reading Adventures

 Sharing another reading adventure post. I loved the story line of this series (it's currently just two books, but it ends with the possibility of another book). 

The story involves travel from other planets, interplanetary police, conspiracies, adventures, mind reading abilities, and some romance. Basically it has it all. 

What held my interest is that the main character, a boy named Ash, has what is referred to as trueborn abilities of mind transference with animals. (He can mentally connect with animals and see, hear, smell, and think like that animal) The author gives great detail into the mind of several different animals. 

As good as the first book was I expected nothing less from the second, but like a sequel to almost any movie, it was a let down. The first book was filled with story and introductions to characters, plus the animal mind touch was cool. The second book recapped so much of the first book, that I felt like I was reading a rerun. Another thing that differs in the second book was the concentration on the romances. I'm a chick, so of course, I've read romance novels before but I like to keep it at a minimum in my science fiction. All in all I still liked it enough to recommend it and blog about :) 


So, I've now started reading this.......

I'm only one chapter in, but it jumps right to the plot so I'm excited to try to get some reading in today. If you want to read along with me all the books are available at Amazon... If you are shopping amazon use smile.amazon.com Smile Amazon is the same amazon but they give to a charity, of your choosing, with qualifying purchases. 

We all need to do our part to keep the planet safe from humans, please recycle. Y'all have a great weekend and remember to keep it green, clean, and classy. 
Shalimar

No comments:

Post a Comment